Write For Us
We get a lot of inquiries every day, so this page lays out all our details of our guest post publication process.
We are very selective in the partners that we work with.
If you are interested in writing a guest post:
Just a heads-up – we are very very selective about what we publish from guests. We get a lot of guest post pitches, and receive quite a few drafts. And honestly, most of them are bad and get rejected, so I’m very wary.
We reject 90% of the pitch and draft submissions we receive.
Why we reject so many posts:
1. The topics and content are incredibly broad and non-specific, without providing any new insights or actionable takeaways for the reader (e.g. “social media tips – tip 1 – regularly publish new content”)
If you are going to pitch a topic like “X reasons why you should care about content marketing”, I would ask you to please not bother.
2. The content is not relevant to our audience. Currently, we are only interested in content relevant to:
- Sales lead generation
- Cold email
3. They don’t share anything new that hasn’t already been written about a thousand times elsewhere (e.g. “10 tips to create your blog – tip 1 – sign up for a squarespace site”) and the content is mostly fluff.
4. The spelling and grammar is not up-to-par and we don’t have the time to fix those mistakes
Postaga Guest Post Submission Requirements
That being said, if you don’t think you’d have any of those issues, here are our guidelines:
1. The post must be relevant and appeal to our target audience of digital marketers, PR people, and/or salespeople. Our blog article priority for guest posts are these categories (in order of priority):
Sales lead generation
General marketing topics, paid search, general content marketing, and email marketing as it relates to newsletters/broadcast/opt-in email marketing, are not as relevant for our niche.
2. We are looking for thorough posts of 1500+ words (2000+ is ideal)
3. Guest posts should not be thinly-veiled pitches on your services; they should be helpful and well-written with our audience in mind with actionable take-aways they can implement
4. Your post can have an external link to your website(s) where it is relevant in the context of the piece (but, also be mindful of #3 above regarding thinly-veiled sales pitches)
5. Guest posts should not have been previously published elsewhere
6. Content should be free of grammar errors (run your content through either Hemingway App or Grammarly)
7. For any images that need to be included (and there should be some), you must have permission or license to use them, or they’re from a free source like Pexels or Unsplash or whatever
8. For ideas on the quality of what we’re looking for, please see https://postaga.com/blog/
9. Content should not be on a topic we have covered previously (do a Google “site:postaga.com” search to check)
10. Your draft includes links to at least 3 other relevant articles from the Postaga blog in your piece
- Submissions must meet the our team’s quality standards in order to get published. Editors reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion.
- Our blogging team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserves the right to include calls-to-action to our content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
How to Submit Your Guest Post
- Fill out the form below with 3 or more guest post topic pitches
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know. That process may take up to 2 weeks and the publish date could exceed this timeline based on the needs of our editorial calendar.
Free 14-Day Trial
Start building relationships now with your fully-featured 14-day trial!